This week we have a few new stats, gameday roster data, and performance additions among other things. Here's the changelog:
AVProgramAVStreamEdgehas been added.
AVProgramAVStreamsConnectionhas been added.
AVProgramhas new fields:
AVStreamAVStreamSegmentReplicaEdgehas been added.
AVStreamAVStreamSegmentReplicasConnectionhas been added.
AVStreamSegmentReplicahas been added.
AVStreamhas been added.
These additions expose information about our streams and the segments within those streams. All of it was previously accessible via HLS manifests, but now it's also available via GraphQL.
GamePlayerEdgehas new fields:
Now you can use the API to get the starters and the active list before each game. Typically this information is available an hour or so before the first snap. You can also use the API to determine who actually played in the game afterwards.
PlayStatTypehas new enum values:
PlayerStatshas new fields:
PersonNameInputhas new fields:
PersonNamehas new fields:
In a recent update we added a
pronunciation field. Now we're adding fields to get pronunciations for individual name components as well.
School.isNCAAis now deprecated.
This field has never really seen active use, so is deprecated for the time being.
We've made some notable performance improvements this week:
- We're cutting our HLS segment durations in half. They'll now be 6 seconds long instead of 12. The impact of this should be stream latency reduced by about 15 to 20 seconds.
- We've made a few optimizations that increase the performance of certain types of read-heavy queries. In particular, the stats queries used by the website are much faster. Here's what happened to the 99th percentile stats query times when we deployed this change: